4.26.2010
An overview....And a new layout!
Hey everyone! Once again, I fulfilled my promise of a new post. Go me!

Like the new layout? The title thing is a little cheesy, yes...but there is a mouse on it... (ha. ha?)

I think I'll make this post mainly about all I know thus far (I think that is my favorite phrase...I use it a lot, I've noticed. I digress.) about my particular program. :)

I will be participating in the Fall 2010 season. I have selected the arrival date of August 9th, and so my departure date will be January 7th. I'll be there for Halloween AND Christmas! Goal in life: See a Disney park during the holidays: ACHIEVED.

I will probably be leaving Nevada the last day of July though. :( I might be going to be traveling to Wyoming with my mom and sister (who are actually moving there) and staying with them until I fly out to Florida. This might be the best plan for a few reasons: Mom and sister can keep my car alive while I'm gone, sister can learn to drive (wait, is this a good thing?), and...flights to Florida=MUCH CHEAPER. Like...half of what it'd be at the Reno airport.

I think I'll break the rest of this down in the way they did for me...Living, Earning, and Learning.

-Living

I will be staying in an 1-4 bedroom apartment. I cannot currently sign up for my preferences. I think it'll let me the beginning of June. :/ I'll be emailed when it's available, soooo yeah. Waitin on that...
Anyway!
To each bedroom is 2 people. So the most amount of roommates I can have is 8 (very good class.) That's a little too many people for me to handle. I'm thinking about asking for a 2 bedroom or at LEAST a 3 bedroom.
The apartments...I think there are 4 different complexes. I should really look this up...*goes off to do so*
Gah nevermind...I can't find what different apartments there are and I'm really lazy right now to really try and look. (another 8 hour day at work. ugh.) But, I've heard Vista is a suuuper party place...I think I want to stay away from that. I like sleep?

-Earning

My role: Merchandise

I do not know which store I will be working in until I get to Florida. Kind of annoying...
$7.25/hr Kind of sucky.
30-40 hr week...eh, that's what I get now. Lol
Working IN Disney World....WORTH IT.

That's all I have to say about THAT. :)
...oh and discounts galore. Good lord.

-Learning

I do not know yet if I will actually be taking classes while I'm there. They are optional, but if they didn't count towards WNC (I will be checking this week) then I don't think I can take them without burning myself out completely.
See...I like having my Millenium Scholarship...and if I lose it because I wont be getting credit in Florida that's a little problem. BUT I am also going to check up on if I can tell the Millenium people "Hey...I'll be back! Please don't hurt me..."
Alternate route: Keep my millenium by taking online WNC classes. I have to have 12 credits to keep it, right? Well...that's at least 4 classes. So add 4 online classes on top of 2-3 classes I'll be taking at Disney World and working? Ugh. I'm tired just thinking about it! See what I mean, though? Dilemma.


So there's the basic stuff...Nerve wracking and yet very exciting. :)

How I'm preparing right now...I'm trying to get information together. Like I said, I need to check with WNC to make sure I get credit and that I wont lose my Millenium...I also can't really do anything else until I find out this living situation in June.
I am also getting insight to the program! YouTube and Facebook are wonderful things.

What I found on YouTube: JohnWDWCP. John made his channel of Vlogs weekly from the day he finished his phone interview with the representatives. Makes me wonder what would have happened to his channel if he wasn't accepted...probably gather dust. ANYWAY, he did a weekly vlog thing about his time in the program. As far as I've gotten...he's still at home waiting for his departure date. I'm actually going to watch a few more "episodes" after I finish writing this.

Facebook: Walt Disney World College Program Fall 2010 group! I'm going to go forum CRAZY tomorrow. Maybe meet some potential roommates? :D

Oh my, this is long. I told you I had a lot to cover. Not sure when the next post shall be, and from the looks of things, a lot of people are happy I'm going to do this blog, soooo I assure you...I'll update here whenever I get some new information. :)

Thanks guys!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment